Sunday, December 6, 2009

Clean House

So yesterday was amazing! I was the first one off the bus and the kids came RUNNING!!!! They all knew who i was and all I could hear was "Nat! Nat! Nat! We Missed You Nat!" Oh it was so sweet. All their hugs and tears made this long journey over here again soooo worth it! Pherong (the wife of the Ratha... this is the couple who run the orphanage) gave me big rug and said Öh Nat, we miss you sooo much!" She just held me tight for what felt like a few minutes. She wouldnt let go! It was so sweet! Chinnh was here, but didnt run up to me, he watched from the sidelines... I think in disbelief maybe? I went and picked him up, of course I got a little emotional and he just smiled real BIG and hugged me soooo tight!!!! At church with the kids, they all performed for us! Then we went back to the orphanage for the afternoon and made tie die shirts that we are all going to where at the Christmas party! This was hilarious and MESSY! The kids didnt get that they were supposed to let their shirts dry all tied up in the ruber bands and started on doing them and putting more paint all over them! HAHA! They were having so much fun. We had all different color die and they all wanted YELLOW! This was so funny! They love the brightness of the color I guess, a few of the kids did their WHOLE SHIRT YELLOW! The day flew by. It is so good to be back. My Chinnh, Sun, and Ya are still here of course and attached at my hip. There is a new little girl she is 5 or 6 and wears pigtails and the BIGGEST SMILE ON HER FACE! :-) Her name is Osa and she got to the orphanage a month or 2 ago. She is so precious and just runs up to hug you and almost knocks you over even though she is so small. When we were doing introducitons all the kids would stand up and say their name, what they like to do, and what they want to be when they grow up. Most kids said they like to play football or read or study the bible. And when they grow up they want to be teacher, or doctor, or nurse, or preacher... well little Osa said Ï like to clean house and when i grow up i want to clean more house!"LOL!!!! And she had the biggest smile on her face the whole time! She is so stinkin cute!

Oh its so good to be back!

Today we are introducing our theme for the week... I'm on Gods Team! We will show up to the orphanage today running off the bus with pom poms, noise makers, whistles! We will teach the kids some cheers and do some singing and dancing! Its gonna be a PEP RALLEY!!! Then we will divide the kids up in 4 teams (Team Noah, Team Jonah, Team Daniel, and Team David) based after Bible characters on "Gods Team." We will make team penants and team visors! We are very excited for this and the kids have NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE IN FOR!!!!

I already have some great pictures and some great video that i cant wait to share with all of you! Thanks for all your prayers and support. I love and miss all of you... and WISH ALL OF YOU COULD BE HERE WITH ME! :-) Keep praying for me, my team, and these kids!!! Oh man... I cant even imagine leaving them again this year... I cant even start thinking about it... tear.

All my love to all of you!

No comments: