Friday, December 4, 2009

Plane Ride

Well... 16 hours later we made it to Seoul, South Korea. In about an hour we will board the plane for Cambodia. Then 6 hours after that we will be there!!!! It will be about midnight before we get to the hotel (noon your time).

On the plane ride I watched My Sisters Keeper and Time Travelers Wife... um hello... the nice Korean guy sitting next to me must have thought i was a basket case - i couldn't stop the tears!!! I guess it was yet another reminder to me of how precious life is!!!!! How lucky am I? I'm healthy and have a support system between family and friends that many can only wish for. I get to travel across the world to help these sweet orphans who the majority of them have been betrayed by those who should love them most... their parents. They have been sold into work or the horrifying sex industry that plagues south east Asia. If thats not the case, they have lost their beloved parents to disease or to a land mine that still haunts the Cambodian people who work in the fields. I am given an opportunity to bring them love. Love from our most Heavenly Father. Love in which last year brought even the young boys taught never to show any type of emotion to tears. I cant wait to hold them all in my arms! Thank you to all of you who made this trip possible for me through your support financially and even more importantly PRAYERFULLY! I need your prayers... for the next 10 days I need your prayers not really for myself, but for these kids. We are all so rich in blessings, even on our worst days we are sooo blessed! However, with all this being said i do not want to take away the blessings these children have recieved at New Life Orphanage. They too are so incredibly blessed. I would be lying if I said they havent dealt with horror and tragedy in their childhood that most of us wont ever experience in our entire life, but they have been rescued... they have been saved! The people who have dedicated their lives to these orphanages in Cambodia have brought them to a safe harbor by God's grace and miracles. They have come to find Jesus and they are loved! My kiddos at New Life Orphanage are so blessed too! We are all blessed and after my ridiculously long plane ride of incredibly touching movies thats what I am reminded of!

Haha! I am also very delirious! So I hope all this makes sense!!!!
I will post again from Phenom Penh before we leave for Battambang tomorrow! Ciao!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! you are so close! have fun nat, we miss you! :-)

Anonymous said...

You are so right Natalie, we are blessed... even on our worst days! Today that gives me hope!! I miss you so much. HOWEVER, I wish you would have spoken w/ me about your choice of movies for the plane ride haha Oh I love you so much! Have fun, have the time of your life! I love you and I am praying for the hearts of those kids and your team as you embark on this incredible adventure, yet once again! Love you, see you soon sis...

loveealways, mere

Unknown said...

Ummm.. I can't believe you watched Time Traveler's Wife WITHOUT me!!! :(