Saturday, December 12, 2009

Oh beautiful Cambodia

As I sit here in the Seoul airport I miss my kids sooo much. I also cant help to think about the sunset we watched the day after the leaving the kids sitting in the middle of the floating villages. We were in the middle of complete poverty... I am talking these little shacks on the water, where people had nothing, kids were so objectified as they swam up to the docks and to our boat begging for money for their family, and so many of the people missing arms, or legs, or even eyes. It was worse poverty along the water than I had seen along the roads. However, in the middle of all this we stopped the boat, floated in the middle of this huge lake (which resembled more of an ocean if you ask me) and watched the breathtaking red sun set over this beautiful country. I have never seen anything like it in my life. You cant see this anything close to this in America. It was a life awaking moment in the wake of missing the children of the orphanage watching this most amazing sunset... like it was God reminding me "everything will be alright Nat, I'm right here with you."

No comments: