Saturday, December 12, 2009

Leaving Is the Hardest Part

Well today is Saturday. I am sorry I havent written in a few days... internet has been hard to come by and I have been trying to sleep as much as possible... my body is tired... and SAD!
Leaving the orphanage we harder this year than it was last year. I know I will return again to see my kids, but its so hard leaving. They get very emotional and my little Chhing said "I love you Nat" in between tears as I got on the bus. I am the most happiest when I am in Cambodia at New Life Orphanage. I dont really know how to explain it other than its funny the way people write on my facebook about I am so good for what I am doing, and that its so special to the kids that I am showing them Gods love, etc, etc... BECAUSE I dont know if I bring anything to the table compared to what these kids do to me. They are GODS LOVE! Most of them have no parents or a parent or parents that cant afford to take care of them, or in some circumstances sold by their parents... THEY have sufffered so much, yet they are so happy! They our LOVED BY GOD so much that every move they make, or every breath they take is something to celebrate because its a gift from God... they just get it! They get what takes most of us a lifetime to realize!!! They praise the Lord and bring thanks to the Lord every minute of everyday!!!! They teach me what it means to be a Christian and have a "real, no questions asked" relationship with the Lord. They are intoxicating and you can see the way God loves each and everyone of them in their eyes!!! I cant wait to share pictures and videos with you once I get back to the states.

I miss them so much... I sit here and can picture their faces and voices in my mind and it makes me cry. I think "Its not fair I live so far away from them..." but according to them this is all Gods plan. It makes us realize not to take anything for granted and the time we get together is just a glimpse of what Heaven will be like... simple, beautiful, peaceful, and full of UNCONDITIONAL and powerful love. Love that makes you a more simple, beautiful, and peaceful person who understands the best part of the day is the understanding that its a gift from our most Heavenly father!!!

Please keep the children and staff of New Life Orphanage in your prayers everyday! They are short on funding going into next year and need our prayerful support. Stay tuned to my blog for the days to come as I will post pictures, videos, and links to different ways you might be able to get involved with the 40 most wonderful children you will ever meet!!!

"... He called a little child and had him stand among them and He said, 'I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven." - Matthew 18: 2-4

1 comment:

Mike said...

I read your blog again this morning and was touched just as much when I had read it the first time at the Korean airport on our way home. Simply amazing.

Mike