Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Movie Night at New Life

A great day at the orphanage... followed by a wonderful MOVIE NIGHT! We brought the glow necklaces, chex mix, and soda's for the kids! They were in Heaven! And speaking of Heaven, God showed up... listen to this:
So it all starts with my laptop hasnt powered with the converters me or Kira have since we got here and i was the team member who volunteered my computer to plug into the projector for movie night. So we brought it to the orphanage hoping it would power on with Sandra's converter... and well it did! So movie night was going to be a success. Well... not so fast! We got everything hooked up and put the DVD in my laptop... and it wasnt reading the DVD. So we tried another... nope... and another... nothing. So we went to plan B which was Carries computer. Carrie's computer played the DVD's but we couldnt attach them to the projector... they were all Disney movies and Disney puts some kind of restriction from playing DVD's to a projector. Oh my... so we told Patrick (our leader) movie night wasnt going to happen and he goes "Oh! I got a bootleg copy of Ice Age I recorded from TV a couple weeks ago to leave behind for the kids once we left. Sure enough, we put it in Carrie's laptop and it worked! :) WOW!!!! Everything happens for a reason huh? A reason that only God creates!!!!
AMAZING!!!!

Anyways, the kids loved the soda, the snacks, and the movie! They probably couldnt understand the words, but they sure loved that little muscrat guy running around the whole movie trying to get his acorn! :-) Chinnh, Son, and Sryley cuddled up with me the whole time. Chinnh always had one hand on me even when he was eating or drinking! My little precious guy... I just starred at him the whole time wondering how in the world i can get him home with me. I could picture myself cuddled up on the couch with him... or any of those kids for that matter! :-)

Well I am off to bed America. Good night!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I WANT TO MEET CHINNNH! PLEASE BRING HIM HOME IN YOUR SUITCASE! :)

I MISS YOU, AND I AM GLAD YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME!